Tonight's Indianapolis vs San Diego will mark the end of week 6 in the 2013 NFL season. So it's time for every ones favorite game; let's make dangerously premature proclamations. Six weeks in and it's safe to assume alot about certain teams. The Broncos are really good. The Jags are really bad. And there are alot of teams in between.
But there are certain teams pundits and fans alike thought would be much better than they are. Could compete for a Super Bowl even. It's to the point where I'm ready to call the season for some of these teams. They're done. Not making the playoffs. Looking forward to next season.
Obviously the moment I write this blog post and declare their season over, they will go on a win streak. Make the playoffs and make an improbable run to a championship. Just to prove me wrong. So to the 5 teams below, you're welcome. And remember who to thank when you are receiving that Lombardi Trophy:
1. Pittsburgh Steelers (1-4) - I'm not entirely sure what is wrong with the Steelers. But they sure look broken. This week they beat a barely not terrible NY Jets and are already 3 games back of the division leading Cincinnati Bengals. 3 Games isn't insurmountable. But for this Steelers team, it is.
2. Houston Texans (2-4) - The Texans have snatched the title of resident dumpster fire from the Jaguars. The Jags are bad. But this Texans team is just a wreck. They're starting QB is hurt and may miss time and that may be a good thing. And oh yeah his replacement is TJ Yates. Bad times in Houston. Side Note: With neither The Steelers or Texans going anywhere, why don't the Texans call up the Steelers and offer Matt Schuab and a 1st round pick for Ben Rothliesberger. Houston with a good QB can still compete. And Pittsburgh can get a head start on their inevitable rebuild. Win-win.
3. Atlanta Falcons (1-4) - 6 weeks in and the Falcons a 4 games behind the Saints. They've lost Julio jones for the season and there are rumblings already that they should trade Tony Gonzalez and just prepare for a high draft pick. Week 6 and already talking about the draft? Yeah, they're done.
4. Washington Redskins (1-4) - On the 2 Guys NFL season preview I predicted that Either the Colts or Redskins were due to take a step back this season. Turns out I was correct.
5. Green Bay Packers (3-2) - Of any team on this list, the Packers have the best chance to make me look stupid. They have a winning record and are only a game back on Chicago and Detroit for the NFC North lead. But the Packers have not looked good. And with Jacoby Jones hobbled and Randall Cobb out multiple weeks, I think it's too much to ask Aaron Rodgers to drag this team to the playoffs. Yeah, they're done.